Letters are sent to:
Elder Thomas Hesselgesser
Av Jorge Basadre 592 Oficina, 604A
Edificio Torre Azul
San Isidro
Lima 27
Peru

OR EMAIL:
thomas.hesselgesser@myldsmail.net

TJ can only email back his family but feel free to
email him and check the blog for his emails

Monday, October 18, 2010

Oct 18, 2010

Once again sorry about the weird format. It must be how his email is set up!


Hello everybody!

Well this week was my first in the field.  It was a wake up and welcome to real life eye opening experience.  I feel really stupid because most of the time anyone speaks to me i have no idea what they are saying and I have to have my companion translate from me.  My companions name is Elder Leon.  He is a nice guy.  Weve been working hard.  

We live in the middle of a hill in an area of Lima called Pamplona.  It is a really poor area.  Most houses have nothing but cement floors and walls.  Some dont even have that.  Its crazy what epople have to live in here.  We do have a pensionista.  We go to her house for food twice a day.  The food is alright.  My body seems to be taking it really well which i am thankful for.  Its a lot of bread and rice and a little bit of meat.  They also always have a hot drink for breakfast and dinner.  Its kind of a nice thing.  Except there is always one hot drink that makes me gag every time i drink it.  Other than that the food is pretty good nothing to complain about.


Everybody is really nice to the missionaries.  Its just hard because half the time i have no idea what is going on at all.  I did get the oportunity to Commit someone to be baptized my first day and she said yes so that was kind of cool.  She has a date for the end of the month.  Most people let us in their doors.  We dont do a whole lot of prosoliting right now because we are trying to sort through the investigators and see which ones will progress and which ones wont. There are a lot of eternal investigators.  

We live in the middle of a hill with big steep hills on both sides of us.  Ill try and take some pictures.  We have been doing a lot of teaching.  A lot of people like to tell stories but if its not gospel related then i have no idea what they are saying.  It is really frustrating sometimes.  I just have to stick to it and keep working through the hard times and i know the
language will come.  

I do miss sweets.  The food here is real bland. I have been craving sweets a lot.  I miss the days of being spoiled with treats every day in the MTC in Provo haha.  But im doing alright its going to be hard for the next couple of months i know but im trying to perservere.  

The people here are way nice they all are loving and usually let us in the door.  If not they just come up with an excuse they usually arent straight up mean.  And a lot of people feed us which at times worries me because sometimes i have no idea what im putting in my mouth.  Yea Ill write more next week love you all thanks for the emails keep em coming

Love

Elder Hesselgesser

No comments:

Post a Comment