Letters are sent to:
Elder Thomas Hesselgesser
Av Jorge Basadre 592 Oficina, 604A
Edificio Torre Azul
San Isidro
Lima 27
Peru

OR EMAIL:
thomas.hesselgesser@myldsmail.net

TJ can only email back his family but feel free to
email him and check the blog for his emails

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Email 9/22/2010


The sentences are kind of mixed up, sorry everyone -kelly


Hello Everybody!

wow! talk about a flood of letters this week! thanks for all the emails i got to read most of them thoroughly but i wont be able to respond for times sake.  I will write letters once i recieve some stamps from home because there is nowhere here that i can buy them!
Anyways This week has been a bit harder for me.  Last Thursday i came down with a bug kind of like what Tyler got when he went over to Latvia but way less intense.  To say the least i have been extremely uncomfortable all week.  I can still function and do classes its just a bit of an added challenge.  I skipped a couple of meals then decided that it was better to have food in my stomach and feel sick than be hungry haha.  Anyways thats been my challgenge for the week other than that its been a good week!  
All of the avanzado missionaries and the Latino Missionaries left yesterday.  The avanzadoes had been here three weeks by the time we got here.  So i had to say goodbye to Elder Hanneman who was one of my friends from Hawaii who was here but at least ill be able to see him again when i get back.  they all left yesterday.  
The letters were awsome to have this week ive been mail hungry i got a dear Elder from Kelly and a card from mom and Lots of Emails thank you everybody!!! So I switched companions again yesterday.  They keep you on your toes here.  And i got assigned to be a Zone leader.  So i suppose that should be fun.  
This morning at about 3:00 we had an earthquake!  crazy!!!  It woke me up and for some reason the first thing i thought was that my new comp was shaking my bed.  But then as my brain woke up i figured out what was going on.  I dove under my desk just as the bunk bed came tumbling over right where i would i have been.  Okay so i exaddurated a little but there really was an earthquake and I was a little bit scared haha. 
other than that proselyting on saturday was interesting.  We placed another book of Mormon on Saturday and did some teaching inside less active houses.  I still cant teach well in spanish but its def getting better.  
Now im going to tell you about laundry day.  They have 14 washers and 14 dryers here for approx 120 missionaries and we all have to do our laundry between the hours of 6;00 AM and 5 PM.  To say the least it really turns into a war in the laundry room.  So this morning i got up at 5:45 and waited outside the laundry room for 45 minutes for them to open it so i could be the first one in.  so no problems today lol. 
Well i must say im happy to hear ill be having another nephew!  Its exciting!   
Today we are going on a tour of Lima which should be really awsome.  We get to go to the beach and look at the water which does not sound at all like fun to me but whatever.  and we get to go to the Peruvian white house and all that so it should be a good time i cant wait.  Welp i dont think i have more to report on for this week.
The language is slowly making progress and im slowly getting it.  But it will definitely be a while before i feel comfortable.  Im looking forward to getting into the field but i plan on enjoyin my time here. Ive been playing a lot of soccer which is kind of wierd.  For some reason nobody ever wants to play basketball here so yeah.  crazy.  We have to change teachers which stinks because i love my teacher that i have right now.  She is awsome she is like our mom out here.  She fixes our clothes and brings us cookies and heals all of our battle wounds from soccer and all that jazz.  You are welcome to message her
on facebook she would love talking to you she understands a little english so you can write her in english but use simple words. She is already friends with me i think so you can look for her there

anyways thats it from me love you all Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment