Letters are sent to:
Elder Thomas Hesselgesser
Av Jorge Basadre 592 Oficina, 604A
Edificio Torre Azul
San Isidro
Lima 27
Peru

OR EMAIL:
thomas.hesselgesser@myldsmail.net

TJ can only email back his family but feel free to
email him and check the blog for his emails

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Email 9/8/2010

Hello Hello every body!  

Well P-day for this MTC is Wednsday so yeah i will be emailing on Wednsdays from now on.  So as far as the first week goes it was pretty crazy and a lot has happened.  So far i really am enjoying it here.  Things are, however, very very different.  I cant escape spanish no matter what i do haha.  Well i have a new companion and his name is Elder Hancock.  He is a way cool Elder i like him a lot.  He has been having a rough time though because he is sick.  The trip here went really smooth.  On one of the flights i had a TV on the seat in front of me though talk about temptation lol.  It was nice to have a little time to get some stuff done on the airplane.  My first day here was pretty fun as well.  Since we didnt get in until about 1 in the morning we got to sleep in until 9 which totally rocked.  Then after that we had to fill out a bunch of papers and then eat lunch and for the rest of the day with the exception of an hour long meeting in the middle we played basketball and Soccer.  It was awsome to finally do some real physical activity again.  My new comp is athletic and enjoys playing sports so thats kind of a relief.  I also got called to be my district leader.  That was interesting i had to go to a leadership meeting on Sunday morning and report on my district but the problem was the whole meeting was in spanish so my report had to be in spanish... oh well good practice i suppose.  The weather here is a lot colder than i thought it would be.  In the mornings i wear a sweater and my suit jacket to stay warm.  There is a misty fog that just kind of settles in every night and burns off at about 1 in the afternoon.  After the fog burns off it gets up to about 75 and its perfect temp.  I really like the weather so far.  Not too Hot not too cold.  The food is not so bad either.  I made it a point to eat all that i could in Provo because i wasnt sure how the food would be here.  There is a lot of rice we have rice with lunch and dinner every day.  other than that its bread and some sort of meet.  Its really pretty bland nothing too spicy or anything.  The CCM here is surrounded by like 10 foot solid brick walls so you cant even see whats outside.  Even the gates are solid.  Its a little intense.  But on P day we get let out and we have to takepublic transportation to the temple.  After that we get to go shopping at a few shops that are around the temple. I had fun doing that today.  I cant buy american candy though because its extremely expensive.  I did however find some really good stuff.  It was fun to be able to get out and try and do something thats real life in spanish.  The traffic here is crazy i think it is worse than Italy there are no rules or stopping or anything.  We had to go to interpol this morning and i was honestly scared for my life.  I would never want to drive here it is really that crazy.  My new teachers speak very little eanglish.  It is good for me but hard sometimes.  I can understand them just fine but i have to remember that they are really dumbing it down for us.  I try to take some time to get to knwo some of the Latino Missionaries everyday.  They are way awsome and way fun to talk to.  But they speak super fast.  I feel bad for anybody who has gone to Chile on their mission because im pretty sure they dont even speak spanish.  They leave of like half of every word.  The sports here are way fun.  They have a turf soccer field which is wayyy cool.  I never thought i would like soccer that much but it is pretty fun.  I am getting way better at it but i have a long way to go before i am any good. We get an hour to play every day.  They also have some ghetteo basketball courts here.  They are like 9 foot rims that are way small it makes it kind of fun.  and the cement that the courts are on is super slippery so its kind of hard but i still have fun.  The problem is nobody ever wants to play basketb all so i usually play sovver.    By the way dad your spanish rocks hhahaha              I have one request please send me an envelope with american stamps in it there is no where to buy stamps here so i need those ill try and write you later today love you! 

  Elder Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment