Letters are sent to:
Elder Thomas Hesselgesser
Av Jorge Basadre 592 Oficina, 604A
Edificio Torre Azul
San Isidro
Lima 27
Peru

OR EMAIL:
thomas.hesselgesser@myldsmail.net

TJ can only email back his family but feel free to
email him and check the blog for his emails

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Aug 26th, 2011


Hey Family,

Well this week has been pretty awesome.  I have had some really fun experiences.  We spent Monday and Tuesday getting ready for Elder Anderson of the quorum of the twelve to visit us.  He came to talk to our mission, the Lima central mission, and the Lima West Mission.  So Its enough to say that we were a lot of missionaries.  It was a lot of fun.  Our mission was in charge of making a choir.  So we made a choir of fifty missionaries.  I was in the choir.  And we got to sit in the front rows.  It was awesome.  So i was in the third row.  It was pretty much a really great experience to be able to hear from him.  He speaks like 5 languages and i think the last one he has learned is Spanish. His Spanish was more or less.  It came out as a combination between French, Spanish, and portuguese.  Anyways,  He Took the time to shake all of our hands.  That was really awesome.  The first time i have shaken hands with an apostle.  A phrase that he said that is still echoing in my mind is, "I know with a certainty that Jesus Christ lives..... Because I am his witness."  It just brought me to think about the reality of his calling.  He is called to be a witness of Jesus Christ.  I don´t know why but when he said that it just kind of blew my mind.  After that President Manning went out to dinner with him.  Im not too sure what they talked about but I´ll have to ask president manning about it tonight.  My companion leaves on Sunday. I´m a little bit sad about that.  He is going home.  His mission time is up.  But he has been a really good companion even though he has only been my companion for a week.  Well thats about all thats going on here.  Yesterday i went to visit a companionship that lives way out in the farms.  They use bikes.  My rear end hurts really bad today for
sitting on a bike all day yesterday.   Other than that all is good. Tomorrow we are going to a city in the mountains called Ayacucho.  It will be my first time out of the desert part of the mission.  It is the only zone that isn't in the desert part of the mission.  We are going to be flying there in an airplane.  So that should be a good time.  Well miss and love you all hope everything goes well for you. PS you can still write me this week even though i wrote you early. Write me tonight and next friday night too.  Just plan on writing me every friday night.  Also tell Grandma and Grandpa to write me i havent heard from them in a very very long time.  I would also like their email address so i can write them.  Thanks!

Elder Hesselgesser

No comments:

Post a Comment